Monday 27 January 2014

Art of Despicable Me

I don't know if you might have noticed, but I have a definite Thing for Despicable Me 1 and/or 2.

Lovely Minion Stuart who graces these pages regularly, and my Instagram feed daily, came in the DVD box set of the two films Sister 2 gave me for Christmas. (He has come everywhere with me since. And I mean everywhere; work, desk, bed. I see more of Stuart than Hubbo. Sad but true.)

Surprisingly for two big animated films, there is no accompanying "Art Of" book. Some judicious Googling later, I came across this fab page here on Cartoon Brew, which led me to the blog of DM character designer Eric Guillon. Bascially, I went in to total geek-out, nerdgasm, fan girl, illustrator boner overdrive. GO. NOW. There is just so much loveliness to look at; it would be the job of a lifetime for me to design characters for something as awesome as this.

Here are some of my favourite images from Eric Guillon's blog (you should be able to click to embiggen):


So, so lovely.

1 comment:

Peri said...

Fabulous. Two of my favourite films.